The Moraine Valley Community College Archive collects, preserves, and provides access for documents, photographs, videos, and other primary and secondary source materials that pertain to the establishment, growth, and continued operation of the College.
This is a list of some of the items in the collection. If you’re looking to donate materials, please contact us at the email address at the bottom of the page.
- Legal or constituting documents (e.g. charters, constitutions, by-laws). Minutes, reports and supporting documentation, memoranda, correspondence and policy statements of the Board of Trustees, MVCC President, Vice Presidents, Deans, Directors, and major academic and administrative committees, such as the ELT.
- Reports of self-studies and accreditation visits
- Annual budgets and audits
- Reports of the public information, community relations, planning and research and institutional advancement offices
- Research projects and grant records
- Departmental records
- Records of the registrar (e.g. calendars and class schedules, enrollment records and other regularly issued reports.)
Other College Related Materials
- Records of academic, service, and social organizations of students, alumni, faculty and staff
- MVCC Publications (e.g., Glacier, College catalogs, Mastodon, PR pamphlets, programs, invitations, etc.)
- Photographs, films, and audio recordings of MVCC students, faculty, staff, administrators, events and facilities
- Oral history interviews and transcripts
- Maps and their legends, blueprints and plans of the campuses and buildings
- Some artifacts as space in the archives and condition of the object permit
- Newspaper and magazine clippings highlighting MVCC students, alumni, faculty, staff, administrators, events and facilities
- Written histories or clippings highlighting various departments’ activities, the history of the College, various campaigns, initiatives and activities, etc.
- Records, papers, electronic media, photos, memorabilia, etc., from faculty and staff which contribute to the body of knowledge regarding the establishment and growth of the College.
- Selected electronic records or documents
The College Archive is a non-circulating, closed-stack research collection and is open to Moraine Valley Community College administrators, faculty, students, alumni, and members of the community for research purposes. Archive materials are available by request only.
Please ask at the Information Desk or set up an appointment with a librarian to discuss your research needs.
Librarians can be reached at (708) 974-5234 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.