Happy Earth Month, Y’all!
Everyday is Earth Day, of course, but this is the month we take extra time to celebrate all that is wonderful on this big blue planet, how we can behave to support its health and ultimately our health as communities and individuals.
Check out all the great events happening this Earth Month here at MVCC.
Also, there’s a really cool energy reduction challenge happening in Crawley Hall! You can watch real time energy demand and see how the building users are doing as they attempt to reduce their energy demands!
And here’s a bit from the US EPA on how to stay involved nationally and digitally. They have some pretty cool campaigns this month; definitely worth checking out.
Happy Earth Month from EPA!
April 22 is Earth Day, but we’re celebrating all month, sharing a new tip each day to help you act on climate change.
Below, we’ve listed many ways you can take action yourself and spread the word to your friends and family. Try one or many, but either way, let’s all #ActOnClimate!
Help us get the message out
Please help us share a message at noon on Earth Day, along with the link to a page full of things everyone can do to act on climate. We’re using a new system called Thunderclap to coordinate, so a message will go out from everyone at noon on Earth Day. Here’s the catch: we need 500 people to sign up or the message won’t go.
The message is: “For Earth Day, I commit to protect the climate. Take small actions that add up! #ActOnClimate http://epa.gov/climatechange/wycd/ “
Share daily tips through our website and social media
We’ve created 30 daily tips to act on climate, and we’ll post one each day. Help us get them out there:
- Check out all of the tips and hit the share buttons below today’s tip. You can also sign up to get one via email every day in April.
- Follow us as we post each daily tip and retweet/share:
- Blog posts: http://blog.epa.gov/blog/category/earthmonthtips
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/epa
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/epa
- Google+: http://www.google.com/+EPAgov
- Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/usepagov
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/epagov
- Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/epagov/act-on-climate
Join a Twitter chat about climate issues
We’re going to have EPA experts available to discuss various climate issues on our @EPAlive account every Tuesday in April:
- April 8, 2:00pm EDT – What can I do to act on climate?
- April 15, 2:00pm EDT – What is EPA doing to act on climate?
- April 22, 2:00pm EDT – EPA Research and Climate: What does the research show about climate change and what we can do about it.
- April 29, 2:00pm EDT – Why is climate action important for our water?
How can you join the conversation? Just follow @EPAlive and the #ActOnClimate hashtag on Twitter. Ask us a question or share your ideas, or just read along with the conversation. In addition to using Twitter, we’ll publish a blog post for each chat, and you can ask your questions or send your thoughts as comments on the post. Here’s the first one: http://blog.epa.gov/blog/2014/04/lets-chat-about-how-to-act-on-climate/
We look forward to working with you to #ActOnClimate!